You are at home watching the news when you hear that the weather is going to be really nice but a little breezy. You look outside and see the sun shining so brighlty that you can't resist going out and getting some fresh air. You find that it is warm enough outside to leave the house without a jacket and it really feels good!
Your choice of clothig is a really cute spring dress that you got from Forever 21 and it is light and airy. The sun that is dancing on your shoulders is exciting as you look forward to what the summer has to offer, and with that feeling you decide not to get in the car and drive, but rather to take a walk.
As you are walking through your neighborhood or on the beach or wherever you decide to enjoy that beautiful sun and crisp morning air, you feel a subtle breeze... this is awesome! But then it happens....
Well, here are a few tips that will help you avoid those embarrassing moments if you are not one that cares to put the "pretties" on display and possibly cause a 10 car pile-up! You naughty lil ladies!
- Never wear light clothing in windy weather. That was simple enough!
- Wear a pair of leggings/tights underneath your dress. A really cool and flattering way to avoid showing the undies. You can find various colors and patterns that can be very flattering to your dress.
- Wear a pair of biking shorts underneath your dress. If you want those pretty legs to be seen. The close fit will make them almost invisible and the blow up won't cause a traffic accident.
- Wear a cardigan. A nice long and thin cardigan can help weigh down the fabric and keep your little skirt tamed.
- Make your skirt a bubble. The elastic around the rim of the skirt will keep it from blowing up.
Do you know any ways to keep a skirt or dress from blowing in the wind? How about how to avoid the embarrassment? Share your thoughts!!!
Blowing in the wind - Friday, April 13, 2012
Hey Fashionistas! You are at home watching the news when you hear that the weather is going to be really nice but a little breezy. Yo...